Architect Finder is provided as a service to the public by the American Institute of Architects. It is a simple and easy-to-use tool
for locating design firms. You can search for architects by Location or by Firm Name.
Architect Finder works best with Windows browsers; Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox 3.6.
Although Architect Finder is available for all, member firms must be signed in before they can add or modify their firm profile.
Searching by Location
To search by Location, enter one or more of the following search criteria:
- Country - Used to search for AIA member architects in the USA and abroad. Default is USA.
The country codes are taken from the official short names in English established by the International Standards Organization (ISO).
Key to ISO country codes
- City – Used to search for AIA member architects in a specific US city.
- State Code – Used to enter official US Postal Service state abbreviations. Two character limit.
- Zip Code – Used to search for AIA member architects by US ZIP code.
- Radius – Used to expand your search beyond the City and State by distances of:
If no radius is selected, a radius of 10 miles will be used by default.
- 10 miles
- 25 miles
- 50 miles
- 100 miles
- 150 miles
- 200+ miles
Searching by Firm
Enter text in the Firm Name field to search for any firm in the US and Canada with that name.
Click the Search button to perform the search.
Click the Reset link to restore all fields to blank.
Refining Search Results
You can refine your search results to narrow the search results to those architecture firms that meet your specific criteria.
- Expand All / Collapse All – Displays / hides additional firm details
- Sort By – Allows you to arrange the results by:
- Firm Name Alphabetically from A – Z
- Firm Name Alphabetically from Z – A
- Zip Code
- Filter By – Allows you to specify additional criteria for narrowing the search results
- Building Type
- Service Type
- Page Navigation (at bottom of page) – Allows you to view the pages of your search. Click Previous and Next to view search pages sequentially. Click numbers to jump to a specific results page.
Search Results Display
Your submitted search will return the following information:
- Expand / Collapse Button – Used to display / hide the firm overview info
- Firm – the Firm Name
- Contact – Firm address with city, state and ZIP code
- Telephone – the firm’s primary telephone number
- Radius – A proximity indicator, calculated based on the radius information you selected
- E-Mail – An icon that opens up your e-mail client. The firm’s e-mail address will be automatically inserted as the recipient
- Web Site – An icon that, when clicked, will take you to the firm’s web site.
- Gallery – An icon that launches the firm’s project and image gallery
Firm Overview Display
The Firm Overview Display appears when the Expand icon (
) next to the firm name is clicked.
- Firm Overview – Descriptive information about the architecture firm
- Country & State Licenses – Lists areas where the firm is licensed to practice
- Building Types – Lists building specialties of the firm
- Service Types – Lists services performed by the firm
- For More Information – Displays firm principal and/or contact information via e-mail
- Firm Projects – Lists past and present accomplishments of the firm. Click the Project Name to display full project details.
- View All Projects – Lists all of the firm’s present accomplishments in ArchitectFinder
Gallery View Display
The Gallery View Display appears when the Gallery icon (
) in the search results is clicked.
Gallery Image – Displays the first project in a series of projects performed by the architecture firm.
- Gallery Navigation – Click on the “Previous” and “Next” buttons in the modal window to progress through all of the firm’s projects
- Project/Image Information – All of the details about the project and project image are displayed here, including:
- Firm Name
- Image Name
- Image Description
- Square footage
- Project cost
- Partners on the project